AI systems continue to impact society and citizens. In the world of AI, keywords such as algorithms, automation and big data are increasingly becoming commonplace.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) was adopted in 1948. The EU is committed to supporting democracy and human rights in its external relations, in accordance with its founding principles of liberty, democracy and respect for human rights, fundamental freedoms and the rule of law.
Powering some of these AI systems [algorithms] are immense amounts of data being generated and collected from citizens. The goal is to foster a dialogue around some of these technologies powered by “AI” and big data and what impacts they have on citizens and their fundamental human rights.
As well as, provide reasonable arguments on how contemporary political cleavages and technological change is affecting and/or contra positioning some important values we live by, i.e. freedom of speech, expression and democracy.
- Dr. Šárka Prát, Board of Directors, European Liberal Forum
- Sebastian Pikl, Managing Director, Institute Novum
Moderator and Introduction: Anas Zaza, External Consultant, Institute for Politics and Society
- Dr. Anne Bowser, Deputy Director of STIP, Director of Innovation and Innovation Specialist, Wilson Center, USA
- Theresa Harris, Project Director, American Association for the Advancement of Science, USA
- Dr. Stefan Larsson, Associate Professor, Lund University, Sweden
- Dr. Mohd Shahid Siddiqui, Digital Empowerment Foundation, India
- Domen Savič | Director, NGO Drzavljan D (Citizen D)
An event organized by the European Liberal Forum (ELF). Supported by Institute for Politics and Society and Institute Novum. Co-funded by the European Parliament. Neither the European Parliament nor the European Liberal Forum are responsible for the content of the programme, or for any use that may be made of it. The views expressed herein are those of the speaker(s) alone. These views do not necessarily reflect those of the European Parliament and/or the European Liberal Forum asbl.