We are the Institute for Politics and Society and we are the best think-tank in the Czech Republic. Our staff consists of extremely capable and experienced people. Even with an abundance of talent and enthusiasm, it is never enough! We are looking for stars to start a career. Does this sound like you? Great, we’ll help you get started. If you are still on the fence, read 7 and a half reasons to choose us for an internship.
7 AND A HALF REASONS WHY TO CHOOSE US FOR AN INTERNSHIP
1. You will have a meaningful job
Does doing meaningful work always makes you feel good? In our team you will participate in projects from a wide range of interesting areas. We hold debates, conferences, round tables, and work breakfasts. It's definitely not boring. On the contrary! We focus on topical issues from international relations, economics to digitalization.
2. You will not prepare coffee for us
You'd wonder how many people are disappointed with their internship. According to the latest surveys, up to 67% of students would like to do more actual work. Every second person in the survey said that while the internship had brought them a "certificate", it did not give them a valuable experience. You don't have to worry about us. If you don't want to just prepare coffee and if you are not afraid of responsibility, the internship at our institute is the right choice for you. You will be working on specific projects and you will be responsible for your own work on them.
3. We are located in the most beautiful part of Prague
We are located in the Old Town of Prague which makes our office easily accessible since it is located at the Narodni Trida stop. PS: In the summer it's extremely close to Prague shore : - )
4. We are a really great team
Our team works as one big family that always pulls together. We always go to work with a smile. We are a bunch of people you will be happy to see after work. We don't have dress code and within a few days most of us will be happy to talk with you in an informal way. We have an informal culture and we are open to new ideas. Whenever you need help or advice, you can ask any of us.
5. A various and creative work awaits you
Honestly, who enjoys stereotypical work? Nobody! So, if you're not a robot, you don't have to worry about doing the same things around here. If you know what you want, if you want to do something specific, we'll be happy to help you find what you're looking for.
Do you like when you can do things your own way and nobody says to you how exactly to do the tasks? Relative freedom in working hours and freedom from unnecessary bureaucracy are very important for us. We don't care if you are an early bird or a night owl. You don't have to get up before eight! For us it is more important if you give in a good job than if you sit from nine to five on a chair.
7. A great experience that will shine in your CV
You don't have to be a multinational recruiter to know that most companies prefer graduates with work experience. In addition, we are a nonprofit organization and employers greatly appreciate people who have no problem working on a volunteer basis to gain valuable experience.
7 1/2 Are you our star? Stay shining with us!
Do you feel like a fish in the water at our institute? Great. Let's discuss together what to do next. It's not a guarantee, but if you work with us and the interest is mutual, it is possible to become part of our full-time team.
The Institute for Politics and Society is looking for interns
The Institute for Politics and Society invites applications for an intern position on the project team Czech Digital. The team deals with the theme of digitization and has a long-term approach to the subject. It organizes international conferences, internal round-tables and debates.
Position: Intern – Project Team Czech Digital
- It fulfill the requirements of on-going projects for Digital Czech
- Co-creating projects
- Suggestions for improvement
- A four-month unpaid internship for university students (with the Possibility of extension)
- Knowledge and practical experience in the field of digitization
- The chance to apply your knowledge to industry Theoretical Practice
- The Opportunity to meet interesting people from the industry
- The Opportunity to cooperate with Closely with the leadership of the think tank
- A reference for study and career Purposes
- The Opportunity to participate in other projects of the think-tank
- Interest in digitization and financial technology
- Autonomy in decision-making, analytical thinking, thoroughness and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and the ability to use structure
- Knowledge of English, native level preferred
- Good knowledge of MS Office, experience with writing texts an advantage
- Time flexibility – about 10 hours a week (by appointment)
- Place of internship in central Prague, with the ability to negotiate work from home
Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com, with ‘Digital Czech Internship’ as the subject. Send your application as soon as possible.
Internship for native English speakers
Are you a student of international relations, regional studies, business or economics? Do you want to gain experience in the workforce while applying your knowledge to solve topical issues faced by society? Then you’ve found the right place!
Institute for Politics and Society is one of the leading think tanks in the Czech Republic. At the Institute, we focus on a wide variety of political and social issues both on the national and international level. We strive to stimulate public debate by gathering leading experts, politicians, and academics at public lectures, raising awareness of all sides of the issues that challenge today’s society.
What do we expect from you?
- Native English speaker
Your responsibilities include:
Assistance with international conferences and events
Foreign affairs analysis
Project realization support
English text correction
What can we offer you?
- 3 months unpaid internship (possibility to transfer as academic credit)
- Office in heart of Prague
- Option to work from home
- Flexible hours
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Read more about the internship here – written by our trainees