Breakfast of the Digitizing Czechia (by invitation only)
Date: 24 June 2021
Time: 08:30 – 09:30
The COVID-19 pandemic has facilitated the rapid development of internet tools and services available to the public. In order to remain competitive and productive, the Czech Republic must embrace this shift online and strive to improve upon it. This conference aims to explore topics such as lessons learned from the pandemic, digitizing government and industry, and effectively utilizing emerging technologies such as 5G and expanding cloud services.
On-line sessions of the Digitizing Czechia
- Date: 24 June 2021
- Time: 10:00 – 13:00
- Venue: Zoom
Moderator: Pavlína Kvapilová, professional moderator
Panel I (10: 00 – 11:00): What we learned during Covid?
For over a year, the world has been facing a worldwide pandemic, yet few of us could have imagined the impact this would have on the world, and with it our lives. Almost all of us have been affected in some way by either the virus or the accompanying preventative measures. Home offices have become the norm, telemedicine is booming, schoolchildren have begun to be educated from home, and much of our lives have moved to the online “world”. What lessons have we learned? What positives can we extract from this lesson? What should we avoid in the future?
- Adam Vojtěch, Minister of Health, Ministry of Health
- Ondřej Kovařík, European Parliament, Renew Europe
- Martin Zeman, Chief Digital Officer, Ministry of Health
- Tomáš Březina, Country Director, AmGen
- Martin Koníř, Head of CIO Advisory, KPMG
Panel II (11:00 -12:00) Key Areas of Digitalization in Government
The pandemic has left businesses and governments grappling with many problems. Over a year ago, we were aware of the upheavals we would be facing in the health and education sectors, as well as in communication between state and citizens. Covid-19 revealed the weaknesses of government digitalization. If the Czech Republic hopes to become a modern, successful, and competitive state, we must focus on the key areas of digitalization. What are these areas? In this regard, a crucial role is played by 5G tech, but also by various cloud solutions and high-quality, fast, and accessible internet in municipalities.
How Digitalization Helped the Government to Handle Covid
- Lenka Axlerová, Public sector leader CZ&SK, Microsoft
- Petr Očko, Deputy Minister for Digitisation and Innovation, Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic
- Petr Dvořák, General Director, Vodafone
- Vladimír Dzurilla, Chief Digital Officer, Government of the Czech Republic
- Michal Stachnik, General Manager, CISCO
Panel III: (12:00-13:00) Digitalizing Industry
Digitalization is the next industrial revolution. We have seen the role digital tools can play in times of crisis, particularly in education and data. Robotization and automation of some tasks are already taking place, increasing productivity. On the other hand, it must be noted that this is very costly, not only from an economic point of view but also because of the skilled labor required. EU Member States have the advantage of being able to draw on various programs and funding. How can these instruments help us?
How EU funds can help Czech manufacturing shift its competitive advantage.
- Petr Filipi, Director of Digitization and Connectivity Department, Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Petr Knap, Partner, Head of Consulting, Ernst & Young, s.r.o.
How we can use online tools to improve how we teach.
- Bohumil Kartous, Executive Director, Prague Institute of Innovation
- Jana Břeská, Public Policy Manager, Amazon Web Services
ORGANIZERS OF THE EVENT ARE