As liberals, we believe that citizens should be at the centre of decisions about the future of Europe. The breakfast meeting will take place in the framework of the ‘Hans van Baalen town halls’ programme, named in honour of the late ALDE Party President Hans van Baalen. The meetings are a key place where citizens meet politicians to discuss liberal solutions to major issues.
At the event, we will discuss the following topics:
- The EU’s role in defence and security, the relationship with NATO.
- Strengthening and redefining European security policy.
- Further EU enlargement in the context of the war in Ukraine.
Opening remarks will be delivered by Timmy Dooley, Senator and ALDE Party acting Co-President and Dita Charanzová, Vice-President of the European Parliament.
- Dita Charanzová, Vice-President, European Parliament
- Jaroslav Bžoch, MP, Chamber of Deputies, Parliament of the Czech Republic
- Ilhan Kyuchyuk, MEP, Acting co-President of ALDE
- Markéta Plesníková, Chairwoman of Young ANO
Moderator: Jan Macháček, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Institute for Politics and Society.
The business breakfast is organised in cooperation with ALDE and will take place on 29 March in Prague. For more information about the “Hans van Baalen town halls”, please click HERE.
Registration for online participation can be found HERE.