The Institute for Politics and Society is holding a seminar called "On the Goals and Terms of Support of the Scientific Research and Development in the Czech Republic". The seminar will be held in Czech.
The aim of the seminar is to outline and discuss the steps to support research, development and innovation that should be /can be made during the current electoral period.
The seminar is open to all interested parties, invitations will be sent to specific deputies of the Czech Parliament who deal with issues of higher education, research and innovation, as well as Senators similar orientation, representatives of universities, institutes of the Czech Republic, union members of the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic, known business people, student representative from universities, and government.
(Downloads of the speakers’ presentations are linked to their name)
- Who is the driving force of innovation and what innovation can do for the state
Ivan Pilný, MP (YES), chairman of the Chamber of Deputies HV
- What is expected from the research business community
Zbyněk Frolík, President of Linet, Vice President of the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic
- We know what we’re talking about – R & D statistics 2005-2015
Rut Bízková, Consultant, former president of the Technology Agency
- Barriers to the growth of competitiveness in Czech higher education
Petr Matějů, Sociologist, university professor, former president of the Czech Science Foundation
- The Universities Act requires amending in order to increase Czech competitiveness
Karel Rais, MP (YES), former rector of the Technical University in Brno
- They decide the particulars – you cannot create a quality, professionally oriented degree course without real cooperation between universities and companies
Simona Weidnerová, Executive Director of ISEA
- Innovation potential of the Czech Republic, what can be expected from applied research and how to evaluate
Martin Bunček, Vice Chairman of Technology Agency of ČR
- Social science research is significant (not only) for the state and the public
Karel Oliva, linguist, former director of the Language Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, v.v.i.
- Research Evaluation – basic prerequisite for good governance
Tomáš Opatrný, Professor at the Department of Optics, Faculty of Science UP Olomouc and Vice-Chairman of the Council of Universities
The seminar will be held November 3, 2016 9:30-13:00 on the grounds of the Chamber of Deputies, in the hall of the State Acts (Státní akta) (Sněmovní 4, Prague 1).
The seminar is held with the support of deputies of the SP ČR, who were initiators of the extensive amendment to Act No. 130/2002 Coll., on the support for R & D, dealing extensively with innovation and support options for research and higher education from the state; “Frolíková group for R & D”, an independent discussion platform for research, development and innovation, which was created through the initiative of the Vice President of the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic, Ing. Zbynek Frolik, a member of the Government Council for Competitiveness (he currently works with the support of the think-tank, Institute for Politics and Society); the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic; the members of ANO; Ing. Diligent, Chairman HV Deputies; and prof. Rais, a member of the Budget Committee of the Chamber of Deputies.